Sun, Sep 25|
Fogg Island Preserve
Join us for hikes on different trails and learn things about them.
Time & Location
Sep 25, 2022, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Fogg Island Preserve, 174 Spring Hill Rd, Mt Vernon, ME 04352, USA
About The Event
Come Join us in a series of hikes on the trails in the Belgrade Lakes region. Families will meet at a trailhead once per month from April through November. Together, we will hike and become aware of the interconnected systems of water, geology and plants in this area.
1. To deepen the sense of place among families in the Belgrade Lakes region
2. To promote principles of no trace hiking and trail etiquette
3. To introduce basic map reading skills
4. To gain familiarity with 7 hikes in the Belgrade Lakes region
5. To spark enthusiasm for hiking and outdoor physical activities
6. To encourage an attitude of stewardship toward the land and water in this area
7. To foster appreciation for the natural world
We will take 7 hikes, starting with the shortest in spring, increasing to the longest in October. We’ll meet at the trailhead for a brief introduction to the hike and look at a map of the trail. Together, we’ll hike, stopping along the way to share observations.
Join us on September 25 for a family-oriented hike on Fogg Island trails and learn about Seasonal Changes. RSVP here.