Sun, Aug 28|
Sander's Hill trailhead
Join us on Sander's Hill trail and learn about Water Flow & Topography.
Time & Location
Aug 28, 2022, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Sander's Hill trailhead, 256 Watson Pond Rd, Rome, ME 04963, USA
About The Event
Come Join us in a series of hikes on the trails in the Belgrade Lakes region. Families will meet at a trailhead once per month from April through November. Together, we will hike and become aware of the interconnected systems of water, geology and plants in this area.
1. To deepen the sense of place among families in the Belgrade Lakes region
2. To promote principles of no trace hiking and trail etiquette
3. To introduce basic map reading skills
4. To gain familiarity with 7 hikes in the Belgrade Lakes region
5. To spark enthusiasm for hiking and outdoor physical activities
6. To encourage an attitude of stewardship toward the land and water in this area
7. To foster appreciation for the natural world
We will take 7 hikes, starting with the shortest in spring, increasing to the longest in October. We’ll meet at the trailhead for a brief introduction to the hike and look at a map of the trail. Together, we’ll hike, stopping along the way to share observations.
Join us on August 28 for a family-oriented hike on the Kennebec Highland's Sander's Hill Trail and learn about Water Flow & Topography. RSVP here.